Non face to face Account opening
Currency in which A/c is opened
- Joint A/c with another NRI is permitted
- In case of joint a/c with resident the A/c can be on “FORMER OR SURVIVOR” basis ONLY
Rate of Interest
TDS on Interest
Debit card facility/Credit Card facility
- AVAILABLE – International Debit Card
Online Deposit facility from NRE-SB
Personalised Cheque book
- Nomination facility may be extended to the NRE account-holder.Nomination can be made by the depositor/s or account holder/s in favour of onlyone individual.
Temporary overdrawings in NRESB accounts
- Branches may allow at their discretion over drawings in NRESB accounts up to Rs.50,000/- towards passing the cheques issued by account-holders subject to compliance with the guidelines on allowing such temporary over drawings in resident accounts under the powers delegated to them. TOD should be closed within 2 weeks from the date of over-drawing
Acceptance of standing instructions
- Branches can accept standing instructions from the account-holder for local payments such as life insurance premium on the policies of the account-holder or his/her dependents, transfer of funds to resident accounts representing maintenance allowance etc., or such other permitted disbursements.
Terms & condition