Tips for use of Internet
- Confirm that your antivirus is always on.
- Use anti-spyware along with antivirus.
- Use Desktop firewall to filter communication.
- Always update patches of operating system such as Windows or Linux
Tips for awareness/guidelines for Credit Card Fraud
- Review the credit history regularly.
- Use separate credit card for online transactions and regular offline transaction.
- Shred any documents like credit card bills before you throw them to trash.
- Always use two way or three way authentication methods to participate online.
- Do not give the Xerox copy of credit/debit card to anyone.
- Do not share information of credit/debit card to anyone.
- Always ensure that the credit card will swap in our presence.
- Struck out the CVV number form back of credit/debit card and better to memorise it.
- Try to avoid internet or credit/debit card transaction from cyber cafes.
Tips for awareness/guidelines for Phishing Fraud
- Apply phishing filter in your browser setting.
- Delete all emails and SMS from any stranger luring you with billion dollar lottery prize, jobs in UK and huge wealth.
- Delete all emails/SMS/Phone calls that ask for your personal information such as user name, passwords, pin, credit codes.
- Delete all spam mail as they contain either virus or spyware enable spam filters in your mail boxes.
- Do not share any personal information to unknown person.